You just realized in 2015 you traveled to 17 states and participated in 135 trade shows! And after reviewing your reports, those numbers will grow in 2016. The time has come to purchase a new trade show display. But the daunting task of researching and purchasing a new display almost drives you to find a pile of sand and hide your head inside. What other questions should you pose to the rep that you have not already asked? Design? Assembly? Weight? Warranty? On-line or live support? Turn around from the time of the actual order? Make a Q and A list of considerations and questions to add to your ever-growing research:
- Design: You have already discovered 60% – 70% of trade show exhibits have a skeleton of aluminum extrusion. But then, what is aluminum extrusion? According to Spectra Aluminum: It is the technique used to transform aluminum alloy with a definitive cross-sectional profile for a wide range of uses. The extrusion process makes the most of the aluminum’s unique combination of physical characteristics.
- Assembly: From a pop-up accordion frame, tube structures, truss displays, and tool-less systems, too rigid or semi-rigid panels, with the right display assembly, you will be ready for the show in no time.
- Weight: Remember the nightmare of past trade show display units, lugging them to your booth space almost threw out your back and you wanted to dial 911. Not so with a lightweight display. With a light-weight display, you almost feel like a Superhero pulling the unit to your booth. Newer designed pop-ups have the lighter weight frame, whereas the older models weighed up to one hundred pounds! Be sure your display uses fabric panels as opposed to the older style “carpet” panels
- Warranty: Customer satisfaction should always be the top priority of the trade show company you work with. Do a comprehensive check on guarantees and warranties on both services and products.
- Support: Another nightmare comes to mind when you were at the show and your display unit would not pop-up as described. Dialing the customer support number printed on the unit might have well been the number to the North Pole hoping to speak to Santa. There you were, left to ask for help from surrounding vendors and feeling rather humiliated. When the telephone rings during business hours, be sure there will be support on the other end and your problem is solved.
- Time: Fast, but efficient and professional service. Your trade show display is an integral part of your marketing strategy. Timely turn around time is extremely important
Superior Expo Services can assist with our entire trade show, event or display. Please contact us for a personal consultation.